ISTE stands for Indian Society for Technical Education (www.isteonline.com). ISTE is a premier national level society of Professionals & Educators. Started in 1941 as the Association of Principals of Technical Institutions (APTI), it was converted into "Indian Society for Technical Education" in 1968 with a view to enlarge its activities to advance the cause of technical education.
The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technologists needed by the industries and other organizations.
Being the only national organization of educators in the field of engineering and technology, ISTE is being represented in the various Technical Committees and Boards formed by the Central Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, AICTE & State Governments also involve ISTE in their important programmes and activities relating to technical education.
Major functional units of ISTE are known as Chapters. There are three types of ISTE chapters, namely Parents' Chapters, Students' Chapters & Teachers' Chapters. ISTE Students' Chapter is already operative in our Institute. Since last three years, Prof.P.J.Deore is the Staff Advisor of the Chapter. Currently, ISTE Students' Chapter has around 250 members.
Events organized under ISTE Chapter :
- ISTE Chapter was inaugurated on 22-9-2005 by Hon.Dr A.N.Sanghvi of S.B.M Polytechnic, Mumbai.
- Guest Lecture on “Entrepreneurship Development” was delivered by Y.I.Shah and Prof G.M.Bhat of S.B.M Polytechnic, Mumbai on inaugural Function.
- Under institute to institute interaction program student from N.M College, Mumbai visited the institute
- Department of Electronics and telecommunication has started a course of “Workshop Practice” under ISTE Chapter
- Guest Lecture on “Technology Challenges in 21 first century” was given by Padmashree Dr Vijay Bhatkar, Chairman, ETH research lab, Pune.
Industry Oriented Program and Contest :
To make student ready for Gami-fied Hiring and Job Opportunities through contest
To understand industry projects and case studies
To develop Leadership skills, Team player attitude, Presentation skills and Employability skills
- To make students ready as per Industry changes & requirement
Campus to Corporate Interaction
Campus to Corporate Interaction session with IT Giant TCS@ RCPIT -- It was great interactive session with Pre-Final year batch (2019) at RCPIT campus by TCS TAG Regional Head - Mrs. M. Kalaa , Business Unit Head Mr. Pravin Bhamare and Project Manager Mr. Dinesh Kothawade on 1st March 2018.
Campus to Corporate Interaction session with IT Giant TCS@ RCPIT